Learn from the Best - Cisco Networking Authority Todd Lammle
Written by Cisco networking authority Todd Lammle, this comprehensive guide has been completely updated to reflect the latest CCNA 640-802 exam. Todd’s straightforward style provides lively examples, hands on and written labs, easy-to-understand analogies, and real-world scenarios that will not only help you prepare for the exam, but also give you a solid foundation as a Cisco networking professional.
This Study Guide teaches you how to
- Describe how a network works
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats
- Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Implement and verify WAN links
On the CD-ROM:
- Chapter Review Questions
- Full-Length Practice Exams
- Electronic Flashcards
· Exclusive CD-only bonus material, including the CCNA Simulation Exam Practice Guide
- All new Audio and Video Instruction from Todd Lammle
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
|Edition description:||Study Guid|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 2.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Assessment Test xxxii
Chapter 1 Internetworking 1
Chapter 2 Review of Ethernet Networking and Data Encapsulation 41
Chapter 3 Introduction to TCP/IP 83
Chapter 4 Easy Subnetting 135
Chapter 5 Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSMs), Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP 175
Chapter 6 Cisco’s Internetworking Operating System (IOS) 205
Chapter 7 Managing a Cisco Internetwork 277
Chapter 8 IP Routing 345
Chapter 9 Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) 427
Chapter 10 Layer 2 Switching and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) 503
Chapter 11 Virtual LANs (VLANs) 557
Chapter 12 Security 607
Chapter 13 Network Address Translation (NAT) 655
Chapter 14 Cisco’s Wireless Technologies 683
Chapter 15 Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) 715
Chapter 16 Wide Area Networks 741
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I highly reccomend this book for anyone studying for the CCNA, all of the CCNA learning objectives covered on the test are fully covered. I used it and scored a 920!
WELL......you wrote "I recommend Cisco netAdacemy WAY more than this."...it is not WAY more ...it is a lot more ...talk right !
Good for those who ALREADY know networking and need a brush up but if you're looking to LEARN it for the first time in hopes of getting certified...I recommend Cisco netAdacemy WAY more than this.
Haha erin was here