CCS-P Coding Exam Review 2008: The Certification Step / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This complete exam review highlights important content necessary to pass the CCS-P exam. It includes all the content sections found in the exam AND two full practice exams with answers and rationales. Using an easy-to-follow outline format, the text coves anatomy and terminology for each body area, reimbursement issues, and an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding. The two practice exams simulate the examination experience to give you added confidence when taking the CCS-P exam.
• Comprehensive CCS-P coverage highlights essential information for passing the AAPC CPC-H exam, with figures for reference as needed, for the simplest, most efficient review.
• Concise outline format gives you quick and easy access to content and helps you maximize your study time.
• Bound-in companion CD includes pre- post- exams to help you track your learning progress.
• Realistic Pre-, Post- and Final Exams on the CD mimic the actual AHIMA CCS-P exam, with electronic scoring to help you track your learning progress.
• Answers and rationales for practice exams reinforce your understanding of coding concepts.
• Evolve online resources supplement your review with study tips, web links, and additional information on related review sources.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||CCS-P Coding Exam Review: the Certification Step Series|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
Course Syllabus and Calendar
UNIT I Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
1 Integumentary System
2 Musculoskeletal System
3 Respiratory System
4 Cardiovascular System
5 Female Genital System and Pregnancy
6 Male Genital System
7 Urinary System
8 Digestive System
9 Mediastinum and Diaphragm
10 Hemic and Lymphatic System
11 Endocrine System
12 Nervous System
14 Anatomy and Terminology Quiz Answers
15 Pathophysiology Quiz Answers
UNIT II Reimbursement Issues
1. Reimbursement Issues
2. Federal Register
3. National Correct Coding Initiative
4. CMS-1450 (UB-04) Claim Form
5. Revenue Codes
6. Data Quality
7. Ambulatory Patient Classifications (APC)
8. Medicare Fraud and Abuse
9. Managed Health Care
11. Reimbursement Terminology
12. Reimbursement Quiz
13. Reimbursement Quiz Answers
UNIT III Overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
1 Introduction to Medical Coding
3 HCPCS Coding
4 An Overview of the ICD-9-CM
UNIT IV Coding Challenge
2 Final Examination
APPENDIX A: ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
APPENDIX B: Medical Terminology
APPENDIX C: Combining Forms
APPENDIX D: Prefixes
APPENDIX E: Suffixes
APPENDIX F: Abbreviations
APPENDIX G: Further Text Resources