The CEB Study Bible gives you the tools, illustrations, and explanations necessary for making informed decisions about the meaning of the Bible. The notes in this study Bible don't tell you what to believe. Instead, they give you the context for what the books of the Bible meant to their earliest readers and what the Bible means right now.
The CEB Study Bible is for encouragement and challenge, for guidance and reflection, for study and prayer:
- The reliable, readable, and relevant Common English Bible translation with the Apocrypha, in a single-column setting
- Detailed book introductions, outlines, and notes from the finest biblical studies professors
- Full-color throughout, including more than 200 illustrations, photographs, maps, and charts
- Hundreds of thousands of cross references
- More than 300 indexed sidebar and general articles
- 21 full-color maps designed by National Geographic and fully indexed
|Publisher:||Common English Bible|
|Product dimensions:||6.60(w) x 9.30(h) x 2.50(d)|
About the Author
Joel B. Green is Provost, Dean of the School of Theology, and Professor of New Testament Interpretation of the School of Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. Author of many books, he is also a General Editor of the Wesley Study Bible and the Common English Bible.
The Common English Bible is a translation completed in 2011. One hundred and twenty biblical scholars from twenty-two faith traditions worked as translators. These women and men balanced rigorous accuracy in translation of the ancient texts with an equally passionate commitment to clarity of expression in contemporary English. The result is a clear, direct, and powerful English version of the scriptures for use in Bible study, devotional reading, and worship.
Read an Excerpt
Click to read or download