Fully up-to-date coverage of every topic on the CEH v9 certification exam, plus one year of access* to the complete Ethical Hacker online lab environment from Practice Labs
Prepare for the EC Council's Certified Ethical Hacker v9 exam with complete confidence using this highly effective self-study system. CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, Premium Third Edition with Online Practice Labs features the bestselling book by Matt Walker and one year of unlimited access to Practice Labs online lab environmentcarry out real world, hands-on tasks using real hardware simply accessed from a web browser. The Practice Labs platform offers an opportunity to work with industry standard technologies to help you develop a deeper understanding of the topics covered in the certification exam.
The one year of online access includes:
- Real hardware and software needed to develop your practical skillsthis is not a simulation but access to the actual equipment you would expect to find in any work place
- Ethical Hacking labs and associated lab guiderealistic scenarios and clear step-by-step instructions
- Real world configurations that provide sufficient hardware not only to carry out tasks but also to test the impact of those changes
- Administrative access to the relevant devices, giving you complete control to carry out your own configurations or to follow the lab guide to configure specific technologies required for ethical hacking
- The ability to reset and start over with the click of a buttonno fear of making mistakes!
Inside the book, IT security expert Matt Walker discusses all of the tools, techniques, and exploits relevant to the CEH exam. Readers will find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, end-of-chapter reviews, and practice exam questions with in-depth answer explanations. Topics include footprinting and reconnaissance, malware, hacking Web applications and mobile platforms, cloud computing vulnerabilities, and much more. Designed to help you pass the exam with ease, this authoritative resource will also serve as an essential on-the-job reference.
The book also includes:
- Practice exam software with 300 practice questions (Windows only)
- Secured book PDF
*For complete one-year access, initial registration must occur within the first two years of the Premium Third Edition’s date of publication.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Matt Walker (Melbourne, FL), CEH, CPTS, is currently an Incident Response team lead working for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. An IT education professional for over 20 years, Matt has served as the IA Training Instructor Supervisor and a Sr. IA Analyst at Dynetics, Inc., in Huntsville, Alabama, and lead the effort to build the US Air Force's first Cisco Academy in Ramstein AB, Germany, serving as the director of network training, curriculum lead, and senior instructor.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started: Essential Knowledge
Chapter 2: Reconnaissance: Information Gathering for the Ethical Hacker
Chapter 3: Scanning and Enumeration
Chapter 4: Sniffing and Evasion
Chapter 5: Attacking a System
Chapter 6: Web-Based Hacking: Servers and Applications
Chapter 7: Wireless Network Hacking
Chapter 8: Security in Cloud Computing
Chapter 9: Trojan and Other Attacks
Chapter 10: Cryptography 101
Chapter 11: Low Tech: Social Engineering and Physical Security
Chapter 12: The Pen Test: Putting It All Together
Appendix A: Tools, Sites, and References