For over 25 years, Celebrate Recovery has helped the church fulfill its role as Christ’s healing agent. Since 1991, over 1.5 million people have participated in the Celebrate Recovery programs offered at more than 29,000 churches, prisons, and rescue missions in 21 different languages. Developed by John Baker and Rick Warren of Saddleback Church, Celebrate Recovery draws from the Beatitudes to help people overcome their hurts, hang-ups, and habits. Rather than setting up an isolated recovery community, this powerful program helps participants and their churches come together and discover new levels of care, acceptance, trust, and grace.
Included in the 25th anniversary kit is the brand new, revolutionary step study of The Journey Continues which are four participant’s guides that take your recovery journey deeper. The kit also includes:
- 1 leader’s guide
- 1 each of The Journey Begins participant’s guides #1-4
- 1 each of The Journey Continues participant’s guides #5-8 (ALL NEW)
- 1 Pastor’s Resource DVD with sermon transcripts, MP3 sermons, and three videos featuring John Baker, Johnny Baker, and Rick Warren
- 1 Leader’s Resource DVD with 25 customizable lessons from The Journey Begins curriculum and three videos featuring John Baker, Johnny Baker, and Rick Warren
- 1 personal size Celebrate Recovery Study Bible
- 1 copy of Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery
- 1 copy of Celebrate Recovery Booklet: 28 Devotions
About the Author
John Baker is the founder of Celebrate Recovery®, a ministry started at Saddleback Church. It is estimated that over the last 25 years more than 3.5 million people have gone through this Christ-centered recovery program. There are currently over 27,000 churches that have weekly Celebrate Recovery meetings.
John has been on staff since Celebrate Recovery started. He has served as the Pastor of Membership, the Pastor of Ministries, and is currently the Pastor of Saddleback Church’s Signature Ministries. He is also serving as one of the nine Elder Pastors at Saddleback. John is a nationally known speaker and trainer in helping churches start Celebrate Recovery ministries.
John’s writing accomplishments include Celebrate Recovery’s The Journey Begins Curriculum, Life’s Healing Choices, the Celebrate Recovery Study Bible (general editor), and The Landing and Celebration Place (coauthor). John’s newest books are Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery and The Celebrate Recovery Devotional (coauthor).
John and his wife Cheryl, the cofounder of Celebrate Recovery, have been married for more than four decades and have served together in Celebrate Recovery since the beginning. They have two adult children, Laura and Johnny, and five grandchildren.