Center Stage 2 Student Book / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Center Stage 2 is a four-skills course that balances grammar instruction and successful communication. Practical language and timely topics motivate high-beginning students to master speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
- Grammar to Communicate presents key grammar points with concise charts and abundant practice in real-life situations.
- Communication Activities such as Time to Talk promote opportunities for meaningful expression and active learning.
- Extensive listening practice plus reading and writing activities help students to succeed in their daily lives.
- Review and Challenge helps teachers to assess students' progress and meet the needs of multi-level classrooms.
- Easy-to-follow two-page lessons motivate students to achieve their goals.
- Teacher's Edition includes:
- learner persistence tips
- multi-level strategies
- expansion activities
- unit tests and answer keys
- Teacher Resource Disk includes:
- additional grammar practice
- additional vocabulary practice
- learner persistence worksheets
View an interactive sample unit here. You can also open a PDF of a sample unit (9MB) by clicking on the link on the left.
Listen to samples from the Audio CDs:
Unit 5: Food and Drink
- Vocabulary (1:51)
- Listening: Exercise A (1:38)
- Listening: Exercise B (0:57)
- Grammar to Communicate 1: Exercise D (1:12)
- Grammar to Communicate 3: Exercise A (1:06)
- Grammar (0:25)
- Dictation (1:18)
- Listening: Exercise A (1:12)
- Listening: Exercise B (0:43)
|Publisher:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1 People
Unit 2 Families
Unit 3 Jobs
Unit 4 Places
Unit 5 Food and Drink
Unit 6 Physical Exercise
Unit 7 Do's and Don'ts
Unit 8 Possessions
Unit 9 Routines
Unit 10 Shopping
Unit 11 Holidays and Special Occasions
Unit 12 At Work
Unit 13 Feelings and Opinions
Unit 14 Fact or Fiction
Unit 15 Life Stages
Unit 16 Looking Ahead
Unit 17 Health
Unit 18 A Place to Live
Unit 19 Future Changes
Unit 20 Transportation