Thoroughly rewritten and updated to reflect the latest advances in technology and highlighting the environmental aspects now being emphasized within the coal industry, this Second Edition of a highly acclaimed reference/text provides a comprehensive overview of coal science—covering topics ranging from the origins of coal to mining and contemporary uses.
Maintaining and enhancing the clarity of presentation that made the first edition so popular, The Chemistry and Technology of Coal, Second Edition:
- Considers the implications of the Clean Air Act
- Examines the effects of combustion products on the atmosphere
- Details practical elements of coal evaluation procedures
- Clarifies misconceptions concerning the organic structure of coal
- Discusses the physical, thermal, electrical, and mechanical properties of coal
- Analyzes the development and current status of combustion and gasification techniques
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Series:||Chemical Industries Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.75(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
Classification, Origin, and Properties: Terminology and Classification. Geology and Resources. Coal as an Organic Sediment. Coal as an Organic Rock. Recovery. Preparation and Transportation. Mineral Matter. Evaluation. Properties. Solvent Extraction. Chemical Reactions. Thermal Decomposition. Organic Constituents. Combustion. Carbonization. Liquefaction Processes. Gasification. Clean Coal Technologies. Briquetting and Pelletizing. Gas Cleaning. Chemicals from Coal.