Chemistry: The Central Science, Books a la Carte Edition / Edition 11by Theodore E. Brown, H. Eugene H LeMay, Bruce E. Bursten, Catherine Murphy, Patrick Woodward
Pub. Date: 08/10/2009
Publisher: Prentice Hall
NOTE: This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook. Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Unrivaled problems, notable scientific accuracy and currency, and remarkable clarity have made Chemistry: The Central Science the leading general chemistry text for more than a decade. Trusted, innovative, and calibrated, the text increases conceptual understanding and student success in general chemistry by building on the expertise of the dynamic author team of leading researchers and award-winning professors.
The new Thirteenth Edition builds on the Twelfth Edition’s major revision, in which every word and piece of art was scrutinized by all the authors to increase its effectiveness. Placing a greater emphasis on research, this edition is more tightly integrated with MasteringChemistry, the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment program— resulting in an unparalleled teaching and learning package that personalizes learning and coaches students toward understanding and mastery of tough chemistry topics.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- Superior support beyond the classroom with MasteringChemistry: Students benefit from personalized, interactive learning through MasteringChemistry’s self-paced tutorials that guide them through the text’s most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback; and keep students engaged and on track.
- Enhanced learning from a dynamic author team of leading researchers and award-winning professors: Each member of this well-respected author team brings their expertise in a wide range of areas to the pages of this popular text. All authors have been active researchers and have taught general chemistry for many years.
- Improved conceptual understanding through stepped up, relevant pedagogy: Students get numerous opportunities to test their knowledge through Give It Some Thought (GIST) exercises, Go Figure questions, and A Closer Look essays, now integrated with clicker questions and in MasteringChemistry.
- Invaluable aids that ensure problem-solving success: By using a consistent process, a unique Analyze/Plan/Solve/Check format, dual-column problem-solving approach in certain areas, a new practice exercise following each worked example, and the Strategies in Chemistry feature, students are placed on the right path from the very start to excel at problem solving and comprehension.
- Clarity through visualization from a variety of perspectives, including macroscopic, microscopic, and symbolic: Included are Visualizing Concepts exercises, with models, graphs, and other visual materials; sample exercises with molecular illustrations; and conceptual questions in the end-of-chapter questions.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.60(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews