ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- When you see the connections, you’ll see the chemistry. Today’s students use textbooks differently than in the past; and Chemistry , Sixth Edition is designed to map to the way you seek and process information. This book is known for a smart, precise presentation that blends the quantitative and visual aspects of general chemistry. Features like Remember…, Conceptual Problems, Conceptual Worked Examples, Inquiry and Worked Examples make these critical connections clear and visible, so you’ll really see the chemistry the first time. McMurry/Fay continues to foster student success beyond the text with MasteringChemistry ®, the most advanced online tutorial and assessment program available.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.30(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
3. Mass Relationships in Chemical Reactions
4. Reactions in Aqueous Solution
5. Periodicity and the Electronic Structure of Atoms
6. Ionic Bonds and Some Main-Group Chemistry
7. Covalent Bonds and Molecular Structure
8. Thermochemistry: Chemical Energy
9. Gases: Their Properties and Behavior
10. Liquids, Solids, and Phase Changes
11. Solutions and Their Properties
12. Chemical Kinetics
13. Chemical Equilibrium
14. Aqueous Equilibria: Acids and Bases.
15. Applications of Aqueous Equilibria
16. Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and Equilibrium
18. Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Water
19. The Main-Group Elements
20. Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry
21. Metals and Solid-State Metals
22. Nuclear Chemistry
23. Organic and Biological Chemistry