Text explores the period from birth through five years, enabling instructors to complete the book in one term. Addressed are the major theoretical approaches to understanding development: psychosocial, cognitive-developmental, and behavioral. The book is organized around three developmental stages - infancy, toddlerhood, and preschool. Early Childhood Education, Child Growth and Development.
|Publisher:||Allyn & Bacon, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||7.06(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.54(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Early Care and Education in Perspective.
2. Caring for Infants: Meeting Physical Needs and Promoting Motor Development.
3. Caring for Infants: The Affective Domain.
4. Caring for Infants: The Cognitive Domain.
5. Caring for Toddlers: Physical and Motor Development.
6. Caring for Toddlers: The Affective Domain.
7. Caring for Toddlers: The Cognitive Domain.
8. Care and Education for Preschoolers: Enhancing Physical and Motor Development.
9. Care and Education for Preschoolers: The Affective Domain.
10. Care and Education for Preschoolers: The Cognitive Domain.
11. Relationships Between Parents and Early Childhood Professionals.