This comprehensive volume traces the Chinese military and its experiences over the past 2,500 years, describing clashes with other kingdoms and nations as well as internal rebellions and revolutions.
• Approximately 300 A–Z entries covering China's military tradition over the past 2,500 years
• Contributions from over 50 distinguished international scholars from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Great Britain, Canada, and the United States
• Maps of China and Asia, depicting provinces and major cities, major battles and campaigns, and disputed borders
• Photographs of military leaders, soldiers, weapon systems, and battle grounds
• Selected multicultural bibliography of research materials from the field of military history, both in English and in Chinese
• A helpful appendix of Chinese dynasties
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.70(d)|
About the Author
Xiaobing Li is professor and chair of the Department of History and Geography and director of the Western Pacific Institute at the University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK.