- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This unique resource approaches chiropractic manipulative skills in a logical, sequential fashion that covers all regions of the spine and pelvis. Special sections address topics such as patient positioning, thrust skills, anatomical landmark location, geriatric manual skills, pediatric skills, and dealing with the pregnant patient. Also provides educational, neurophysiological, and biomechanical rationales for skills learning and training from an international team of authors.
• Clear step-by-step descriptions of the techniques.
• Sequences of illustrations match the steps in the procedures.
• Detailed explanations of cervical techniques emphasize the risks and steps required to carry them out safely.
• Appropriate for use by qualified chiropractors wanting a "refresher" in these techniques or by the non-chiropractor wanting to incorporate these techniques into their practice.
• New chapters on using the skills with children and the elderly.
• A new chapter on using the techniques with pregnant patients.
• The cervical spine chapter has been expanded to cover risks and safety issues in more detail and the latest research findings on this issue.
• Features 194 new illustrations and revised and updated text.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||0.99(w) x 9.69(h) x 7.44(d)|
Table of Contents
Chiropractic Manipulative Skills An Introduction
1. Educational aspects of the teaching and learning of manual psychomotor skills
2. Some biomechanical considerations in manipulative skills training An evidence-based investigation
3. The physiology of skill performance
4. Postural considerations for the practitioner
5. Hand-arm-shoulder positional skills
6. Manipulative thrust skills, other movements and related exercises
7. Patient positioning skills
8. Identification of important spinal landmarks
9. Pelvic/sacroiliac manipulative skills
10. Lumbar spine manipulative skills
11. Thoracic spine
12. Cervical spine manipulative skills
13. Pediatric manipulative skills
14. Manipulative skills for the pregnant patient
15. Manipulative skills for the elderly/geriatric patient
Appendix I A summary of cardinal rules
Appendix II Recommended sequence of manipulative skills and other considerations