Choose This not That for Prostate Cancer. This colorful book provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to reduce your risk, prevent and combat Prostate Cancer (PC). If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes as opposed to prescription drugs and other typical medical treatments, then this book is for you.
Here are the highlights and what makes this publication unique and different from your other options:
- A look-up table for over 800 different types of food and their suitability for PC
- Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses and risks. This publication is the only one in the market that (in addition to PC) offers dietary guidance for the COMBINATION of cancer prevention considerations and the following most likely health issues: depression, gout, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, stress and Vitamin D deficiency.
- Dedicated sections on alkaline diet, top alkaline-forming foods, top acid-forming foods, and detoxification. Your awareness of these topics can be critical to your health.
- ACTIONABLE suggestions for what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within a food group.
- Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
All the material and suggestions presented in this book are based on the content licensed from Personal Remedies, LLC. The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture) and NIH (National Institute of Health), and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps, books and eBooks for chronic conditions in the market. Its patented software & knowledgebase can enable organizations such as healthcare providers to deliver apps for personalized and actionable nutrition guidance to their patients suffering from one or more chronic conditions. Personal Remedies is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
This ebook can be updated by the author as needed, on an ongoing basis. Last significant update was in Nov. 2013.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD; Director of Prostate Health at Mass General Hospital; Asst. Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of books and apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD; Lahey Clinic Hamilton, MA
|Publisher:||Simple Software Publishing|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||719 KB|
About the Author
Personal Remedies is a Community Partner in the Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion of USDA Nutrition Communicators Network.