This book examines the concept of 'the chosen' as an important marker of how Christian and Jewish communities distinguish themselves from one and other.
|Publisher:||Palgrave Macmillan US|
|Product dimensions:||6.20(w) x 9.30(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Avi Beker is the visiting Goldman Professor in the Department of Government at Georgetown University, and the former Secretary General of the World Jewish Congress. He was active in the international Jewish diplomatic front and has published several books and numerous articles on international security, the United Nations, Israel’s foreign policy, and world Jewish affairs.
Table of ContentsPreface
• Confronting the Issue of the Chosen
• How Were "The Chosen" Chosen?
• The Gentile Replacement of the Chosen
• Global but Apart
• Hating the Chosen: Anti-Semitism
• Shoah: The Final Solution for the Chosen
• Israel: A Chosen Nation in their Chosen Land
• Jerusalem: The Chosen City
• Epilogue: Why is the World Obsessed with the Jews?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews