Ted Olsen tells the stories of principal figures of Celtic church history such as St. Patrick and St. Columbanus, illuminating their missionary fervor and monastic ideals. In the IVP Histories Series.
About the Author
Table of Contents"A Magic Bag"
1. "The Whole Race is War Mad": Celtic Beginnings
2. Christianity in Early Britain
3. Patrick and the Conversion of Ireland
4. Ireland's Monks and Monasteries
5. Columba and Scotland
6. Out of, and Back into, the World
7. Resurrection and Raids
8. Celtic Christianity of the Non-Celts
Suggestions for Further Reading
Picture and Text Acknowledgments
What People are Saying About This
"Few overviews of Christian history can rival the IVP Histories' winning mix of summary and storytelling. Aimed at a general audience, these expertly written books contain much to delight and inform even this long-time student of Christian history. Their size makes them easy to begin reading, and their beautiful images and clear, colorful writing make them hard to put down. A treasure!"
Chris Armstrong, managing editor, Christian History and Biography