Cinephile Intermediate French Language and Culture Through Film / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Cinéphile: Intermediate French Language and Culture through Film 2/e is a textbook for the second year college level course as taught in most colleges and universities, taught immediately following a complete first year. The text facilitates a review of linguistic concepts in the context of the whole language as well as expands vocabulary skills and skills in listening, speaking, writing and reading French. The use of film is fully integrated into the course, providing content as well as high interest motivation to the student and experience in a variety of real linguistic contexts.
- Provide 2nd-year undergraduate French professors with a French language and culture textbook which integrates the study of language and culture with the study of films.
- Provide contextualized and structured pre-/post-viewing activities which maximize student comprehension of the films.
- Increase language proficiency through review of 1st-year grammar structures and vocabulary and through the progressive acquisition of 2nd year vocabulary and grammar structures necessary for the successful communication of ideas and opinions about the films.
- Break-down cultural barriers through the study of contemporary films.
- Increase student interest in French courses by integrating contemporary films that generate a greater appreciation of French culture, music, etc.
New to this Edition:
- Reorganized flow of chapter content and activities
- More grammar activities including closed- and open-ended exercises
- Updated and expanded cultural content and activities
- Student's workbook includes a reading section
- Instructor's Composition & Exams provides new composition topics and an oral production for each chapter, designed to test the student's oral proficiency.
|Publisher:||Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.72(d)|
About the Author
Kerri Conditto has taught and studied language in the United States and France. She is currently a Lecturer in the Department of Romance Languages at Tufts University and the author of Cinephile: Intermediate French Language and Culture through Film, published by Focus Publishing.