· Written by 6 professors, each with a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
· A complete license review book written for the National Civil Engineering/Professional Engineer exam
· Ideal for the new breadth/depth exam
· 12 sections cover all essential exam materials
· A detailed discussion of the exam and how to prepare for it
· 335 essay and multiple-choice exam problems with a total of 650 individual questions
· A complete 24-problem sample exam
· Updated for 1997 UBC and all of the latest codes
This license review book is written specifically for the latest version of the Civil Engineering/Professional Engineer (principles and practice) Exam. Exam topics are covered in 12 sections: Buildings; Bridges; Foundations and Retaining Structures; Seismic Design; Hydraulics; Engineering Hydrology; Water Treatment and Distribution; Wastewater Treatment; Geotechnical/Soils Engineering; and Transportation Engineering. What's more, Engineering Economy, which may appear as a component in some problems, is discussed in an appendix.
A complete 24-problem sample exam (12 essay and 12 multiple-choice problems) is the final chapter of the book. Since some states do not allow books containing solutions to be taken into the CE/PE Exam, the end-of-chapter problems do not have the solutions in this book. Instead, the problems are restated together with detailed solutions in the companion book, Civil Engineering License Problems and Solutions, 14/e (ISBN 1-57645-030-9). 80% text; 20% problems.