This volume contains twelve classic novels, essays, and stories about the planet Mars written by the following authors: George Du Maurier, Tom Godwin, Charles L. Fontenay, Mark Clifton, Randall Garrett, Stanley L. Weinbaum, Eros Urides, Jack Sharkey, Mark Wicks, L.P. Gratacap, Giovanni Schiaparelli, and Andrew North (Andre Norton).
The contents of this volume are:
1. The Martian, by George Du Maurier
2. Cry From a Far Planet, by Tom Godwin
3. Rebels of the Third Planet, by Charles L. Fontenay
4. Eight Keys to Eden, by Mark Clifton
5. The Man Who Hated Mars, by Randall Garrett
6. Valley of Dreams, by Stanley L. Weinbaum
7. The Planet Mars and Its Inhabitants, by Eros Urides
8. The DOPE on Mars, by Jack Sharkey
9. To Mars Via the Moon, by Mark Wicks
10. The Certainty of A Future Life on Mars, by L.P. Gratacap
11. The Planet Mars, by Giovanni Schiaparelli
12. Voodoo Planet, by Andrew North (Andre Norton).