Classroom Discipline 4e / Edition 4 available in Paperback
Reflecting the latest research into multicultural education and conflict resolution, this popular book helps teachers choose the discipline models that best fit their personal values and educational philosophies. Using illuminating narratives and case studies, the author presents the most effective discipline models, including proven strategies for preventing and correcting disciplinary problems.
- Provides both theory and practical applications for each disciplinary model
- Includes a completely new chapter on violence, highlighting resolutions to conflicts and violence prevention in the classroom.
- Text focuses on the student-teacher relationship and the issues of gender, race, culture, and exceptionality
- All models of discipline are introduced with examples, dialogues, and explanations for clearer understanding
- The author compares assumptions of the different learning models to help readers understand their differences.
Table of Contents
- Discipline Problems and Their Causes
- Making Decisions about Discipline
- Behavior Modification: B.F. Skinner
- Assertive Discipline: Lee Canter
- Logical Consequences: Rudolf Dreikurs
- Transactional Analysis: Eric Berne and Thomas Harris
- Teacher Effectiveness Training: Thomas Gordon
- Reality Therapy/Conrol Theory: William Glasser
- The Jones Model: Frederic H. Jones
- Choosing a Discipline Approach
- Creating a Personal Theory of Discipline
- Classroom Management and Instruction
- Violence in Schools
- Classroom Management and Student Diversity
- Managing the Classroom