Classroom Teaching Skills helps beginning teachers apply theory to practice. The text approaches the teacher as a reflective decision maker one who makes planning, implementation, evaluation, and management decisions as part of the instructional role.
Each chapter addresses a specific teaching skill, the theories behind it, and practice situations in which it can be applied. The Seventh Edition emphasizes Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) core standards by highlighting how the skills and objectives in each chapter correlate to specific standards.
- New! The Seventh Edition features new chapter on differentiating instruction by the nation's foremost expert, Carol Ann Tomlinson.
- New! The new edition features an increased emphasis on standards in response to the growing emphasis on standards for teacher education. The authors have identified the particular INTASC core standards that are addressed in each chapter and correlated them to each chapter's objectives.
- New! There is an increased focus on the use of technology, including screening and selecting many Web resources relevant to specific teaching skills. Chapter 7, Technology for Teaching and Learning with Understanding, has also been thoroughly updated.
- New! The new edition expands on the Teacher Reflection Concept, which explores the relationship of teacher reflection and decision making.
- New! Charlotte Danielson's Popular Framework for Teaching is discussed in Chapter One, and the new edition addresses the four domains of her framework.
|Series:||What's New in Education Series|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface. Using the Book. About the Authors. 1. The Effective Teacherby James M. Cooper. 2. Instructional Objectivesby Terry D. TenBrink. 3. Instructional Planningby Greta Morine-Dershimer. 4. Involving Students in Learningby Robert Shostack. 5. Questioning Skillsby David Sadker, Karen Zittleman, and Myra Sadker. 6. Differentiating Instruction for Academic Diversityby Carol Ann Tomlinson. 7. Culturally Responsive Teachingby Jason Irizarry. 8. Classroom Managementby Carol Weinstein and Wilford A. Weber. 9. Cooperative Learningby Mary S. Leighton. 10. AssessmentTerry D. TenBrink. Answer Keys. InTASC Model Core Teaching Standards.