"When it comes to divorce, there's the old way- and there's the fair way. I know, because I learned the hard way."
Divorce is costly. It costs money-masses of your money. It costs time-hours and hours spent in meetings, on the telephone, and completing paperwork and depositions and filing affidavits. It costs heartache as battle lines are drawn and loved ones, especially children, suffer emotional pain.
Karen Stewart's own harrowing story of divorce is an unqualified testament to these truths. Her experience led her to believe that there had to be a better way to end a marriage and get on with life. Her ideas and vision evolved into Fairway Divorce Solutions, which provides a model for divorce with dignity and an end to traditional divorce. the Fairway Process Offers:
- a strategic step-by-step process that brings win-win resolutions regarding children, property, and money
- a decision-making process that leads to consensus and fair outcomes
- a focus on the children of the marriage
- a plan to control costs that can often escalate out of control in typical divorce proceedings
- a process that rejects blame or victimization
- a focus on the future that has a well-thought-out plan for parenting and finances.
- More and more Canadians are turning to this new divorce approach to help them transition to new beginnings. If you are facing the reality of divorce, you owe it to yourself, our chi8ldren, and your bank account to read a book that offers promise, not dread, and calm instead of a storm.
"This Practical step-by-step process will not only save considerable time, energy and money, but most of all it will provide a clear path for a hopeful future."
|Publisher:||Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPraise for Clean Break.
Prologue: A Fool's Mistakes.
Introduction: The Perils and the Pitfalls of the System as We Know It.
Part I: The Journey before the Journey: Navigating the Rocky Emotional Terrain Karen's Story.
Chapter 1. From Marriage to Mayhem.
Reflections: Your Dignity and Self-Worth.
Chapter 2. Accepting the Truth.
Chapter 3. Trusting Your Intuition.
Chapter 4. Breaking Free from Crisis and Chaos.
Chapter 5. Becoming Proactive.
Chapter 6. Establishing Healthy Boundaries.
Chapter 7. Meet the Cunningham's.
Chapter 8. Adam's Emotional Procrastination.
Chapter 9. Carolyn's "Painted Picture".
Part II: Save Your Ass(ets).
Chapter 10. Losing My way...and Losing It All.
Reflections: Your Wealth.
Chapter 11. Taking Control-and Keeping It.
Chapter 12. Formulating a Strategic Process and Plan.
Chapter 13. Moving beyond Fear of the Unknown.
Chapter 14. Demanding Accountability.
Chapter 15. Accelerating the Process.
Chapter 16. Controlling Costs.
Chapter 17. Putting an End to Position Bargaining.
Chapter 18. Dividing Assets (Instead of Destroying Them).
Chapter 19. Attending to the All-Important Details.
Chapter 20. He Says, She Says...
Chapter 21. Spousal Support.
Part III: The Forgotten Ones.
Chapter 22. Watching It All from a Place of Helplessness.
Reflections: Your Children's Emotional Welfare.
Chapter 23. Children Are Children (Not Pawns).
Chapter 24. Empowering the Children.
Chapter 25. The Cunningham's Most Precious Assets.
Chapter 26. A Vision of Hope.
Appendix: 12 Rules for Making a Clean Break.
About the Author.
About Fairway Divorce Solutions.