The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Thyroid Disorders by Mario Skugor, Jesse Bryant Wilder
Get Answers, Expert Advice, & Peace of Mind
If you’re one of the 20 million Americans with thyroid disease, you deserve relief and answers. Fortunately, now you can get the expert medical advice you need—from one of American’s most trusted thyroid authorities.
In The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Thyroid Disorders, Dr. Mario Skugor, a physician on the forefront of thyroid health, offers complete information on a variety of thyroid diseases and a host of treatment options. He offers the same medical advice he shares with his patients, which will help you improve the quality of your life. Discover how to:
- Recognize symptoms of a possible thyroid disorder, including fatigue, changes in weight, sweating, and trouble sleeping, and learn when you should be tested.
- Understand the different tests and treatment options, and how to make sure you get the right drug and the right dose to treat your condition.
- Take action when you find a lump. Understand the difference between a nodule and a goiter and how each is treated.
- Become knowledgeable about thyroid cancers, especially the critical importance of early detection and treatment.
- Get the facts on thyroid controversies, including using thyroid hormones for weight loss, treating depression, and more.
Cleveland Clinic is ranked consistently among the top hospitals in America by U.S. News & World Report. Its endocrinology program, ranked 6th in the nation, offers specialized care for thyroid-related issues, from hyperthyroidism to cancer.