About the Contents:
Helps you pinpoint where you need the most help and directs you to the corresponding sections of the book
Topic Area Reviews
- Math Basics
- Numbers (Signed Numbers and Fractions)
- Linear Equations and Algebraic Fractions
- Polynomials and Factoring
- Inequalities, Absolute Value Inequalities, and Radicals
- Introducing Quadratic EquationsTesting Solutions
- Graphing and Systems of Equations
- Story Problems
Customized Full-Length Exam
Covers all subject areas
- Pretest that pinpoints what you need to study most
- Clear, concise reviews of every topic
- Targeted example problems in every chapter with solutions and explanations
- Customized full-length exam that adapts to your skill level
About the Author
Mary Jane Sterling is a professor of mathematics at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. She has been teaching mathematics for over thirty years.
Table of Contents
Study Guide Checklist.
Chapter 1: The Basics.
Chapter 3: Linear Equations and Algebraic Fractions.
Chapter 4: Polynomials and Factoring.
Chapter 5: Inequalities, Absolute Value Inequalities, and Radicals.
Chapter 6: Introducing Quadratic Equations—Testing Solutions.
Chapter 7: Graphing and Systems of Equations.
Chapter 8: Functions.
Chapter 9: Story Problems.
Customized Full-Length Exam.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I started home-schooling my 8th grader mid year and even tho he's a good student, didn't do that well in math - product of that crappy Chicago Math they used to teach until this year!!! This book is logical - gee, because math is just that! and explains everything beautifully and concisely. I've forgotten a lot but can review it quickly to get spiffed and help him. I'm going to use it for my 10th grader as well as he is completely lost in Algebra class. A disc is included with test questions so you have ready-made exams for every chapter. It's great! THey should use it for text books in schools. THe kids would understand it!!!