About the Contents:
Helps you pinpoint where you need the most help
Topic Area Reviews
- Measurement and Units of Measurement
- Matter: Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures
- Atoms IThe Basics
- Formulas and Names of Ionic Compounds, Acids, and Bases
- The MoleElements and Compounds
- Percent Composition and Empirical and Molecular Formulas
- Chemical Reactions and Chemical Equations
- Calculations Using Balanced Equations
- Atoms IIAtomic Structure and Periodic Properties
- Chemical BondingThe Formation of Compounds
- Gases and the Gas Laws
- The Forces between MoleculesSolids and Liquids
- Solutions and Solution Composition
- Acids, Bases, and Neutralization
Customized Full-Length Exam Covers all subject areas
- Pretest that pinpoints what you need to study most
- Clear, concise reviews of every topic
- Targeted example problems in every chapter with solutions and explanations
- Customized full-length exam that adapts to your skill level
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Charles Henrickson, Ph.D., is a retired professor of Chemistry at Western Kentucky University.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Measurement and Units of Measurement.
Chapter 2: Matter: Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures.
Chapter 3: Atoms I—The Basics.
Chapter 4: Formulas and Names of Ionic Compounds, Acids, and Bases.
Chapter 5: The Mole—Elements and Compounds.
Chapter 6: Percent Composition, Empirical and Molecular Formulas.
Chapter 7: Chemical Reactions and Chemical Equations.
Chapter 8: Calculations Using Balanced Equations.
Chapter 9: Atoms II—Atomic Structure and Periodic Properties.
Chapter 10: Chemical Bonding—The Formation of Compounds.
Chapter 11: Gases and the Gas Laws.
Chapter 12: The Forces between Molecules—Solids and Liquids.
Chapter 13: Solutions and Solution Concentrations.
Chapter 14: Acids, Bases, and Neutralization.
Customized Full-Length Exam.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews