The original CliffsNotes study guides offer a look into critical elements and ideas within classic works of literature. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
CliffsNotes on Divine Comedy: Inferno takes you deep inside Dante's vision of Hell, the first installment in his three-poem epic.
Following the spiritual journey of Dante and his guide Virgil, this expert study companion provides summaries, commentaries, and glossaries related to each canto within the poem. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Life and background of the poet and the poem
- Introduction to the poem's structure, allegory, symbols, and more
- Critical essays that explore deeper meanings within this challenging work
- A review section that tests your knowledge and suggests essay topics and practice projects
- A Resource Center full of books, translations, and Internet resources
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Sold by:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|File size:||1 MB|
About the Author
A Fullbright scholar at the University of Vienna, JAMES L. ROBERTS was Professor Emeritus at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He taught extensively at major universities throughout the world.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Grrrr I did not want a sampel grrr one star