With help from CliffsNotes on Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, you explore the first book-length narrative by an ex-slave that reveals the unique brutalities inflicted on enslaved African women in the South.
The chapter summaries and commentaries in this study guide expose you to a harrowing story of degradation and sexual exploitation; the struggle for freedom and self-definition; community and family; and writing as a means of freedom. Other features that help you study include
- An in-depth look at the life of the author, Harriet A. Jacobs
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- Glossaries of key words and terms
- A review section that tests your knowledge
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
|Sold by:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|File size:||892 KB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsLife and Background of the Author.
Introduction to the Novel.
Chapters 1 -
CliffsNotes Resource Center.