The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
CliffsNotes on Inherit the Wind is an illuminating guide to the Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee play about the evolution-versus-creationism debate. Chapter summaries and expert analysis provide insight into the central conflict between fundamentalist Matthew Harrison Brady and gifted orator Henry Drummond. The townspeople in this play also dramatize what freedom of thought—as well as "the right to be wrong"—truly mean. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays on the play's themes, conflicts, and more
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- Background information on the playwrights and their partnership
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing|
|Series:||Cliffs Notes Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.20(d)|
About the Author
SUZANNE PAVLOS taught high school English and reading. She is a freelance writer and editor.