Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Friday, January 19 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer summaries and expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on Julius Caesar, you follow the dramatic political battles of Rome during the height of the Pax Romanum. Shakespeare pits Caesar against an untold number of conspirators and lets the daggers fly. In the end, who will carry on the rule of the Caesars?
This user-friendly guide makes studying a snap—with visual icons flagging key themes, literary devices, and more. You'll come to understand the overall structure of the play, actions and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural perspectives of the author. Features that help you study include
- Shakespeare's background and career highlights
- Scene-by-scene summaries
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- Glossaries of key words and terms
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
Table of Contents
Life and Background of the Playwright.
Introduction to the Play.
CliffsNotes Resource Center.