CliffsNotes on Frankenstein digs into Dr. Victor Frankenstein's scientific creation, a "hideous and gigantic" monster that the good doctor tries to defeat throughout most of the novel.
Following the story of an obsessive man whose determination to create a new race of humans produces monstrous results, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each part within the novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Personal background on the author, including career highlights
- Introduction to and synopsis of the book
- In-depth analyses of the principal characters
- Critical essays on the book's themes, plots, and more
- Review section that features interactive questions and suggested essay topics
- Resource Center with books, films and other recordings, and websites that can help round out your knowledge
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
|Sold by:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|File size:||827 KB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsLife and Background of the Author.
Introduction to the Novel.
Preface to the 1817 Edition.
Introduction to the 1831 Edition.
Letter 1: To Mrs. Saville, England.
Letter 2: To Mrs. Saville, England.
Letter 3: To Mrs. Saville, England.
Letter 4: To Mrs. Saville, England.
Chapters 1 - 24.
CliffsNotes Resource Center.