The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in the series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on Of Mice and Men, you'll meet drifters Lennie and George and recount their peculiar difficulties and unusual bond. The CliffsNotes commentaries, summaries, and character analysis will show you why this sweet, sad, and moving American story is considered to be one of Steinbeck's greatest works. You'll also find
- Life and background of the author, John Steinbeck
- A short introduction to the novel
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center with books, Web sites, films, and magazine articles for further study
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
About the Author
SUSAN VAN KIRK holds a B.A. from Knox College and an M.Ed. from University of Illinois. She has taught English for 30 years in Monmouth, Illinois.
Table of Contents
Life and Background of the Author.
Introduction to the Novel.
CliffsNotes Resource Center.