CliffsQuickReview course guides cover the essentials of your toughest subjects. Get a firm grip on core concepts and key material, and test your newfound knowledge with review questions.
Whether you're new to limits, derivatives, and integrals or just brushing up on your knowledge of the subject, CliffsQuickReview Calculus can help. This guide covers calculus topics such as limits at infinity, differential rules, and integration by parts. You'll also tackle other concepts, including
- Differentiation of inverse trigonometric functions
- Distance, velocity, and acceleration
- Volumes of solids with known cross sections
- Extreme value theorem
- Concavity and points of inflection
CliffsQuickReview Calculus acts as a supplement to your other learning materials. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. You can flip through the book until you find what you're looking for — it's organized to gradually build on key concepts. Here are just a few other ways you can search for topics:
- Use the free Pocket Guide full of essential information.
- Get a glimpse of what you’ll gain from a chapter by reading through the Chapter Check-In at the beginning of each chapter.
- Use the Chapter Checkout at the end of each chapter to gauge your grasp of the important information you need to know.
- Test your knowledge more completely in the CQR Review and look for additional sources of information in the CQR Resource Center.
- Tap the glossary to find key terms fast.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are comprehensive resources that can help you get the best possible grades.
About the Author
JONATHAN J. WHITE has a BA in mathematics from Coe College and an MS in mathematics from the University of Iowa. He is Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
BERNARD V. ZANDY, MA, Professor of Mathematics at Fullerton College in California has been teaching secondary and college level mathematics for 34 years. A co-author of the Cliffs PSAT and SAT Preparation Guides, Mr. Zandy has been a lecturer and consultant for Bobrow Test Preparation Services, conducting workshops at California State University and Colleges since 1977.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Review Topics.
Chapter 2: Limits.
Chapter 3: The Derivative.
Chapter 4: Applications of the Derivative.
Chapter 5: Integration.
Chapter 6: Applications of the Definite Integral.
Appendix: Using Graphing Calculators in Calculus.
CQR Resource Center.