Clinical Cardiac Pacing, Defibrillation and Resynchronization Therapy / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This 3rd edition presents cutting-edge standards of pacing and defibrillation to keep you at the forefront of this rapidly expanding field. You'll find coverage of all the new devices and management strategies you need to solve a full range of clinical problems using today's best approaches. Written by world authorities on pacing and devices for cardiac care, this new full-color 3rd edition is the more practical than ever!
• Addresses the management of patients with a broad range of conditions, including sinus node disease, carotid sinus hypersensitivity, tachyarrhythmias, heart failure, and more.
• Details cardiac pacing in pediatric patients.
• Illustrates vital concepts and techniques with over 745 x-rays and figures.
• Explains how to approach pacemaker generator changes.
• Reviews fundamental concepts such as how to pace the heart and how leads, power sources, programmers, and electronic circuitry work.
• Contains a new chapter on resynchronization trials.
• Includes an image bank and video clips of key procedures on DVD-ROM to help you understand and implement the latest techniques.
• Offers technical information on both new and old devices to help you make the correct choice for every patient.
• Provides new material on implantation, with key updates to all aspects of this challenging clinical area.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.20(h) x 2.20(d)|
Table of Contents
Section 1 BASIC PRINCIPLES OF DEVICE THERAPY
Chapter 1-Cardiac Electrical Stimulation
Chapter 2-Principes of Defibrillation: Cellular Physiology to fields and waveforms
Chapter 3-Sensing and Arrhythmia Detection by implantable devices
Chapter 4-Engineering and construction of pacemaker and defibrillation leads
Chapter 5: Sensors in implantable devicesincldues information on chronotropic incompetence
Chapter 6-Power sources for implantable devices
Chapter 7-Pacemaker/ICD Circuitry/Remote Telemetry
Section 2 CLINICAL CONCEPTS
Chapter 8-Device Nomenclature
Chapter 9-Basic Physiology and Hemodynamics of Cardiac Pacing, including ventricular contraction and resynchronization
Chapter 10-Clinical Trials of Bradycardia Pacing
Chapter 11-Clinical Trials of Defibrillator Therapy
Chapter 12-Clinical Trials of Resynchronization Therapy
Chapter 13-Pacing for Sinus Node Disease; including pacing for prevention of atrial tachycarrhythmias
Chapter 14-Pacing for Conduction System Disease
Chapter 15-Pacing for Neurally Mediated Syndromes (CSH, et al.)
Chapter 16-Sensor Driven Pacing: Device Specifics: Activity, Accelerometers, MV, QT
Chapter 17-Defibrillation testing, including ATP and preventive pacing
Section 3 Implantation Techniques
Chapter 18-Implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
Chapter 19-Implantation of the left ventricular lead
Chapter 20-Approach to Pulse Generator Changes
Chapter 21-Management of Implant Complications
Chapter 22-Techniques and devices for lead extraction
Chapter 23-Radiography of implantable devices
Section 4 DEVICE ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY
Chapter 24-Timing Cycles of Implantable Devices
Chapter 25-Pacemaker Troubleshooting and follow-up (no BiV PM)
Chapter 26-ICD Troubleshooting and follow-up (no BiV ICD)
Chapter 27-Troubleshooting, follow-up and programming of BiV devices (including echo optimization)
Chapter 28-Follow-up, and interpretation of implantable syncope monitors
Chapter 29-EMI and Implantable Devices
Chapter 30-Pediatric Pacing and Implantable Defibrillator Therapy