Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Adhere to best practices and achieve best outcomes with Clinical Interventional Oncology! Loosely structured around the concept of a "tumor board," this groundbreaking oncology reference delivers a comprehensive arsenal of information on the techniques and treatment protocols surrounding chemoembolizations, tumor ablations, minimally invasive tumor biopsies, and other interventional oncologic procedures. Ideal for all members of the cancer care team, it provides the "how to" guidance you need on the clinical, evidence-based application of each interventional procedure.
- Offer your patients the best care. Evidence-based findings and practical tips equip you with the knowledge you need to recommend and implement the most effective cancer treatment options with your patients.
- Master all image-guided interventional oncologic procedures currently in practice for the interventional treatment of tumors and lesions in liver, lung, renal, pancreatic, brain, neck, colorectal, skin, prostate, bone, and soft tissue cancers.
- Broaden your understanding and refine your skills with comprehensive coverage of stents, venous and arterial ports, and interventional procedures for palliative care.
- Quickly and easily find the information you need. A templated, easy-to-reference format organized by organ system includes anatomy, biology, imaging principles, and procedures integrated throughout each chapter.
- Experience clinical oncology scenarios with vivid clarity through a full-color design complete with an abundance of high-quality anatomic and multimodality images.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||24 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Professor of Radiology, Chief, Interventional Radiology, UCLA Health Sciences, Los Angeles, California
Table of Contents
The Role of Interventional Oncology in Modern Cancer Care
Philosophy of Locoregional Therapies
Part 1. Principles of Locoregional Therapy
1. Principles of Embolization
2. Principles of Percutaneous Ablative Therapies
3. Principles of Isolated Regional Perfusion
4. Principles of Radiotherapy
5. Tumor Response for Image-Guided Interventions: Assessment and Validation
6. Trends in Basic Science Research in Interventional Radiology: Nanotechnology, Stem Cell, RNAi and Radiogenomics
Part 2. Gastrointestinal Oncology
7. Surgical Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
8. Interventional Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
9. Systemic Therapy in Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
10. Cholangiocarcinoma: Diagnosis, Management and Prognosis
11. Percutaneous Management of Cholangiocarcinoma
12. The Multidisciplinary Management of Liver Metastases in Colorectal Cancer
13. Surgical Management of Hepatic Metastases
14. Interventional Management of Colorectal Liver Metastases
15. Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors
16. Interventional Oncology Management of Noncolorectal and Nonneuroendocrine Hepatic Metastatic Disease
Part 3. Genitourinary and Gynecologic Oncology
17. Percutaneous Management of Renal Tumors
18. Interventional Strategies in the Treatment of Gynecologic Cancers
19. Image-Based Interventional Therapies for Benign Uterine Neoplasms
20. Prostate Cancer Intervention
Part 4. Head and Neck Oncology
21. Imaging of Head and Neck Cancer
22. Transcatheter Chemotherapy for Malignancies in the Brain, Head, and Neck
23. Head: Intracranial – Gliomas, and Meningiomas and Extracranial – Orbits, Internal Auditory Canals, and Skull Base
Part 5. Thoracic Oncology
24. Primary Lung Carcinoma
25. Metastatic Lung Cancer
Part 6. Musculoskeletal Oncology
26. Percutaneous Musculoskeletal Biopsy
27. Musculoskeletal Interventions for Benign Bone Lesions
28. Ablation of Musculoskeletal Metastatic Lesions Including Cementoplasty
29. Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty in Malignant Vertebral Fracture
29. Intraarterial Procedures for the Musculoskeletal System