Clinical Oncology: American Cancer Society / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- American Cancer Society, Incorporated
Clinical Oncology, the American Cancer Society''s textbook of cancer, presents a wealth of information about the wide range of issues in cancer. This exciting new resource will help healthcare providers adopt practices to encourage prevention and early detection, as well as provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment.
|Publisher:||American Cancer Society, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||8.84(w) x 11.20(h) x 2.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Measuring the Occurrence of Cancer: Impact and Statistics.
2. Principles of Cancer Biology.
3. Etiology of Cancer.
4. Cancer Prevention Strategies.
5. Cancer Detection.
6. The Pathologic Evaluation of Neoplastic Diseases.
7. General Approach to the Patient.
8. Basis for Current Major Therapies for Cancer.
9. Complications of Cancer and Cancer Treatment.
10. Breast Cancer.
11. Lung Cancer.
12. Head and Neck Cancer.
13. Esophageal Cancer.
14. Gastric Cancer.
15. Colorectal Cancer.
16. Tumors of the Pancreas, Gallbladder, and Extrahepatic Bile Ducts.
17. Liver Cancer.
18. Urologic and Male Genital Cancer.
19. Gynecologic Cancer.
20. Hodgkin''s Disease and the Non-Hodgkins'' Lymphomas.
21. Multiple Myeloma and Other Plasma Cell Dyscrasias.
22. Acute and Chronic Leukemia.
23. Malignant Melanoma.
24. Basal and Squamous Cell Skin Cancer.
25. Pediatric Solid Tumors.
26. Sarcomas of Soft Tissue and Bone.
27. Cancer of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands.
28. Cancer of the Central Nervous System and Pituitary Gland.
29. Malignant Tumors of the Eye.
30. AIDS-Related Cancer.
31. Metastatic Cancer from an Unknown Primary Site.
32. Paraneoplastic and Endocrine Syndromes.
33. Cancer-Related Emergencies.
34. Management of Pain.
35. Nutrition and the Cancer Patient.
36. Rehabilitation and Survivorship.
37. Psychiatric Complications in Cancer Patients.
38. Clinical Genetics.
39. Fertility and Sexuality after Cancer Treatments.
40. Complementary and Alternative Therapies.
41. Clinical Trials