- Pub. Date:
- Effectively diagnose and manage your patients with succinct descriptions of today's most frequently encountered optometric techniques, supported by research evidence.
- Visualize procedures and eye disorders as clearly as possible through full-color photographs, eye diagrams, and color plates.
- Offer your patients state-of-the-art eye care with the latest information on the use of technology in clinical practice, as well as guidance on evidence-based practice and presbyopic contact lens fitting.
- Understand how to treat today's aging optometric patient population through a brand-new section on Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), in addition to numerous suggestions on how to adapt some tests for older patients.
- Access the fully searchable contents, multi-screen video clips, and interactive testing sections with photographs online at www.expertconsult.com!
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||7 MB|
About the Author
Professor of Clinical Vision Science
Bradford School of Optometry
University of Bradford
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Evidence-based Eye Examinations – David B. Elliott
Chapter 2. Communication Skills – David B. Elliott
Chapter 3. Assessment of Visual Function – David B. Elliott and John G. Flanagan
Chapter 4. Refraction and Prescribing – David B. Elliott
Chapter 5. Contact Lens Assessment – Catharine Chisholm and Craig A. Woods
Chapter 6. Assessment of Binocular Vision and Accommodation – Brendan T. Barrett
Chapter 7. Ocular Health Assessment – C. Lisa Prokopich, Patricia Hrynchak, David B. Elliott and John G. Flanagan
Chapter 8. Variations in Appearance of the Normal Eye –David B. Elliott and Konrad Pesudovs
Chapter 9. Physical Examination Procedures – Patricia Hrynchak