How to coach youth soccer teams and make the most of preparation, practice time and game time.
Coaching Kids' Soccer is a comprehensive and sensible guide whose goal is to improve individual skills and develop teamwork and sportsmanship among youth. Always stressing safety, fun, progressive learning and the natural development of participants, Stuart Page explains how to engage young players (and their parents) and gives tips on teaching the skills needed to excel.
The easy-to-use page layouts feature loads of tips, checklists, sidebars and illustrations on topics that include:
- The foundations of coaching and codes of conduct
- Working with youth
- Mental and physical development
- Child protection and safety
- Health, nutrition and pre-game fitness
- First-aid for injuries on the field
- How to prevent and assess head injuries
- The role and impact of the coach
- Warm-up exercises and skills drills
- Fun games that teach skills
- Technique and controlling the ball.
Practice sessions are designed specifically for various age groups and skills levels, with the emphasis on building enthusiasm and sportsmanship. Coaching Kids' Soccer makes sure the game is as much fun for coaches as it is for their players.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||5.75(w) x 8.25(h) x 0.62(d)|
About the Author
Stuart Page has over 35 years' experience in soccer. He coaches in Surrey, England, and ran a league of more than 25 teams for boys, girls and adults. He lectures widely on child advocacy.