Get your quick escape to Hawaii for the holidays (or anytime)!
Kalea has been warned repeatedly about the temporary nature and heartbreaking consequences of falling for a handsome tourist passing through her little slice of Hawaiian paradise.
Will the fear of being hurt keep her from experiencing all of the delightful surprises that life has to offer?
Or will the trifecta of gorgeous Russ, a freak storm, and an unforgettable Christmas allow her to open her heart to the possibility of finding her happily-ever-after ending?
This romantic story is part of The Escape Series, which includes the Scout winning book, Getting Lei'd, as well as its prequel novella, Aloha, Baby!, and the follow-up novel, Cruising for Love. You can read and enjoy these books in any order!
Download this sweet short story today because you deserve a break in Hawaii!
About the Author
** I would LOVE to send you a free novella ~ Aloha, Baby!
These bios are generally rather dry, so I thought I'd shake up the format a little bit. Here are ten not-so-interesting tidbits about me:
1. I despise whipped cream. There, I admitted it in writing. Let the ridiculing begin.
2. Even though I have lived as far south as Key Largo, Florida and as far north as Maine, I landed in the middle.
3. If I don't make a conscious effort not to, I will drink nothing but tea morning, noon, and night. Hot tea, sweet tea, green tea - I love it all.
4. There doesn't seem to be much in life that is better than coming home to a big dog who is overjoyed to see me. My other family members usually show significantly less enthusiasm about my return.
5. Singing in my bestest, loudest voice does not make my family put on their happy faces. This includes the big, loving dog referenced above.
6. Yes, I am aware that bestest is not a word.
7. Dorothy was right. There's no place like home.
8. All of the numerous bottles in my shower must be lined up with their labels facing out. It makes me feel a little like Julia Roberts' mean husband from the movie 'Sleeping with the Enemy,' but I can't seem to control this particular quirk.
9. I love, love, love finding a great bargain.
10. Did I mention that I hate whipped cream? It makes my stomach churn to look at it, touch it, smell it, or even think about it. Great - now I'm thinking about it. Ick!
Books by Ann Omasta -
- Taking Chances (Book 1 of The Davis Twins Series)
- Making Choices (Book 2 of The Davis Twins Series)
- Faking Changes (Book 3 of The Davis Twins Series)
- The Keys to my Diary
- Getting Lei'd (*Kindle Scout Winner*)
I hope you enjoy reading these steamy contemporary romance novels as much as I love writing them. If you like my books, please consider leaving a positive review. Your input makes a difference and will be received with much gratitude!
Stay up-to-date on new releases and insider info by liking / following Ann:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/annomasta
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/annomasta
- Bookbub: www.bookbub.com/authors/ann-omasta
- Website: http://www.annomasta.weebly.com
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. This is a very short, fast paced read that is part of a series which I haven't read, as yet. Ann Omasta is a new author to me but I did like her writing style. It's set in a holiday resort where the staff are trying to make the Christmas holiday be as good as it can be bearing in mind that there is a hurricane! To me, it was too short as we didn't really get to 'know' the characters and were left with a cliff hanger as to whether there would be a HEA or not. Frustrating but I'm going to tract down the others in the series and try them as the storyline was good - just too short for me. RECOMMENDED as I liked Ann's writing style
Meh! I knew it was a novella, but it is really short which means that characters are quite shallow and undeveloped - as is the plot which also feels rushed. It is a sweet, quick read but was a little disappointed and 'Meh' is the most emotion I could summon up for it. Its a great read for a lunchtime, or time flller for a waiting room when you don't need to concentrate or get sucked in. As a free download it is fine but I would have been very upset if I had paid for it.
Coconutty Christmas by Ann Omasta is a fun short story that will get even the most Grinchy curmudgeon into the holiday spirit. The story is set at a resort that is filled to the brim with Mainlanders who are escaping the dark, dreary, cold winter of the Mainland. For these visitors, a bad weather system approaching the Hawaiian Islands would have totally crushed the holiday had it not been for one creative chef/event planner. Although she is warned off getting involved with tourists, Kalea can’t help but fantasize about Russ, one of the tourists staying at the resort. Lucky for her, the feeling is mutual. Russ is escaping a lot of things this holiday season, and it doesn’t take much for Kalea to make this a Christmas to remember for the ginger-haired tourist. Coconutty Christmas is another charming, tropical read from Ann Omasta; it will put the Mele in your Kalikamaka!