Pub. Date:
Code Blue 99! - A Miraculous True Story!

Code Blue 99! - A Miraculous True Story!

by Sandy Acharjee


View All Available Formats & Editions
Choose Expedited Shipping at checkout for delivery by Thursday, September 30


The author was born and raised in an orthodox Hindu family. Like most of us, he was busy with his family, career and day-to-day activities. Then suddenly, out of the blue, in the ICU room of a modern hospital, he had a "Code Blue" experience when he unexpectedly departed this world for a period of three days.

This book has been written per God's instructions, whom he met during the traumatic period of his life. This is a miraculous true story, and the author is a living testimony of what truly transpires after our physical death here on earth. There should be no doubt for anyone that both the Heaven and the Hell exist in our after-life. The author has witnessed both of them. Based on his afterlife experience he has found that it is very easy to enter into the Hell. But, it is extremely difficult to enter into the Heaven as he witnessed the one and the only narrow entrance door.

This book solidifies the Truth by unfolding the blindfolds of our life, tells who we really are, the real purpose of our life here on earth, and what is expected of us in order to enter into the Heavenly Kingdom. It is all based on the author's firsthand experience and personal encounter with the Divine Light.

Finally, it reiterates his face-to-face conversation with the Lord, who sent him back to the earth to share His Instructions for everyone, whether they be believers or non-believers. Some Readers' Testimonials from different corners of the world are included in the final section of the Second Edition of this book. This book is a Must Read for everyone... It is all based upon a Miraculous True Story!

Related collections and offers

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9781456745905
Publisher: AuthorHouse
Publication date: 03/22/2011
Pages: 128
Product dimensions: 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.30(d)

First Chapter

CODE BLUE 99! - A Miraculous True Story!

By Sandy Acharjee


Copyright © 2011 Sandy Acharjee
All right reserved.

ISBN: 978-1-4567-4590-5

Chapter One

Sudden Crisis In Life

The date was October 15, 2006 and the day was Sunday. As I arose from my bed in the morning, I looked through my bedroom window and I said to myself, "What a beautiful morning it is! The sun is shining and the temperature looks perfect for a typical fall day - not too cold, not too warm."

I kept thinking that it won't be long before the cold weather gets here; and we are not going to have very many days like this one before the winter sets in. Therefore, I decided to enjoy the day, starting with a healthy breakfast in company with my near and dear ones.

Little did I know about the outcome of that gorgeous morning with a healthy breakfast plan. The beautiful morning quickly turned into a hellish one, as one of my near and dear family members suddenly attacked another near and dear one for no apparent reason. I would not have believed it if it did not happen in front of my eyes. I always regarded all of my family members as loving, caring and understanding individuals. Frankly speaking, I was in a total shock.

This unexpected situation totally marred the morning, and its effect ruined the entire day causing undue heartaches for myself and my loved ones. Someday, I intend to write another book stressing the absolute necessity of peace and harmony within the family members. Lack of peace and harmony among the family members is undoubtedly destroying many families in our society. At the moment, not much is done to understand the root causes and to take positive remedial actions.

That particular day could have been one of the most enjoyed as well as cherished days in my life. But what we think and expect does not always seem to happen.

There is a saying, "Man proposes. God disposes." The most beautiful morning for me undoubtedly ended as one of the worst days in my life. It seemed that some invisible power was causing the events of the day, and I had no control over any of the situations that led one thing to another. I felt myself as someone totally helpless with absolutely no power.

However, time does not wait for anyone. The day passed, and soon the night fell. My beloved wife and I were deeply moved by the unexpected events of the day. Neither she nor I had any appetite for having food or drinks - we simply did not feel like eating anything for our dinners. But the next morning was Monday, and we arose early to go to work. Therefore, we had to eat something just to survive. After dinner, we went to bed, but both of us could not sleep for quite some time, since we were preoccupied with the events of the day.

I did not know exactly when I dozed off, but later in the night I woke up with a pain in my upper stomach and abdomen. This was a sharp pain, and I never had experienced a similar type of pain before. Considering the day was quite eventful, hectic and having an unwilling dinner that evening which might have caused the indigestion and, therefore, the pain. I took one Rolaids (Antacid) tablet with a glass of water. After a few minutes, the pain seemed to ease, and I went back to sleep again.

Next morning (October 16), I woke up as usual and prepared myself for work. My wife insisted that I make an appointment with a physician who is a specialist in internal organs to find out why I had the severe pain at night. I nodded and left home for work.

That morning, I called Dr. P. V.'s office. Dr. P. V. is an internal organs specialist whom I met a few months earlier. Dr. P. V.'s secretary kindly gave me an appointment for the early afternoon. After a general check-up, the doctor asked me to go to the nearest hospital lab next morning, since he arranged for an immediate ultra sound test of my liver, gall bladder, pancreas and duodenum. The doctor also advised me to check into the nearest hospital should the pain return.

The night of October 16, I did not have any pain. When I awoke in the morning of October 17, I said to myself, "Everything must be fine. The pain must have been caused due to stress and indigestion."

However, since I had an appointment for various lab tests in the morning I went straight to the nearest hospital lab and had all the tests done. I asked the lab technician when my test results would be known. The technician said that the results would be sent to Dr. P. V. in three to four days.

After completing the lab tests, I went back to my work. I did not feel anything unusual. I kept saying to myself, "Everything must be fine and the pain must have been from the indigestion. There could be nothing serious." But deep inside I was still curious to know the results of my ultra sound tests. I called Dr. P. V.'s office and asked if they would call me and let me know when they received the test results. They said, "It will take a few more days, and the doctor will definitely contact you."

I went home after work, had my dinner, briefly watched TV, played a few computer games, and went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Shortly before midnight on October 17, I awoke with a very severe pain in my upper stomach and abdomen. The pain was taking place in the same area as it happened a few nights earlier. I got up and took a Rolaids tablet, as I had done a few nights earlier. Last time, a few minutes after taking the Rolaids, I was feeling better. This time, it was just the opposite. My pain was going to the extreme. It felt as if someone was stabbing me with a sharp knife over and over. It was beyond description. As the night was progressing, so was my pain worsening. I could not control myself and started to moan and groan.

My unexplained moaning and groaning awoke my wife. She tried to calm me down, but the pain was going far beyond my tolerance level. I felt my heart was racing and had an irregular beat. I could not lie down; I could not sit down; I could not stand up - what a terrible situation! I felt the pain was now spreading towards my chest.

My breathing was getting very irregular, and I was sweating profusely. By this time, it felt as if someone had changed the knife from a small one to a large one and started stabbing me left and right with the larger knife. I've never experienced anything like this in my life. Neither could I imagine that a pain of this type ever existed.

The time was a few minutes past 2 AM (October 18, early morning). By then, both my wife and I were beginning to wonder if I was having a heart attack. We knew whatever was happening, it was quite serious, and it required immediate medical attention. We grabbed the phone and desperately dialed 911 for immediate help. As the minutes passed, my condition was worsening. At this time, I found it very difficult to breathe, although I could hear the siren of the ambulance from a distance speeding towards its destination. The siren stopped as the ambulance parked in front of our house.

Quite hastily, two members of the paramedics came in the house and transferred me from my house to the ambulance. They found my pulse rate was abnormally high. My blood pressure was also dangerously high. They gave me a number of baby aspirins and asked me to swallow them. They also suspected that I was most likely having a heart attack.

The nearest hospital from my house is approximately five miles away. The paramedics called the Emergency Department of the hospital and advised them of my condition. They asked my wife to join them. One member of the paramedics was monitoring my condition during the transit, while the other drove the vehicle.

As soon as the ambulance pulled into the emergency area, they rapidly admitted me and put me in the Intensive Care Unit. The date of admittance was October 18, 2006, and the local time was approximately 3 AM.

Further Complications At ICU

In the hospital, I was immediately given an I.V. Soon I was put on the breathing machine. I was also hooked up to the vital monitoring system. I was told to lie down at all times, not to get up for any reason since my pulse rate was extremely high.

The nurse said that they would schedule various tests as soon as the doctors arrive in the morning. She said that the doctors had been alerted of my condition. My family physician, Dr. M. D., is also associated with this hospital and he comes here on a regular basis.

I must wait until the doctors arrive to find out what is happening with me. My wife, who accompanied me to the hospital, said she would stay until the doctors arrived. She kept me a good company. I looked at the room. This room is shared with another patient, who was awake. He told me his name, but I cannot remember now. I asked him what brought him to the hospital. I believe he said something to do with his breathing, possibly pneumonia, but I'm not sure today what he said exactly. All I remember is that he was to be released that day, and he was anxious to go home. He had been in the hospital for a number of days.

Soon the daylight was breaking, and it was time for shift change. New faces started to come in and introduce themselves. The lab technician came in to draw blood; patient care assistants came in to do the routine vital checks; and there were others.

I'm not sure if I was given some pain killers or not. My pain was still there, but, it was not as fatal as before. There were also a number of other people coming in and checking me, practically asking me the same questions over and over. I never met them before; therefore, I did not know who they were.

Soon Dr. M. D. came to see me. Dr. M. D. has been my family physician ever since he started his practice in Ohio. I was so happy to see him. He asked me all sorts of questions. He said that they did not know what was wrong with me. They would perform a variety of tests, including CT scan, MRI, blood tests, x-rays, etc., to determine the cause. My wife said that I had done the ultra sound tests in the same hospital just a day earlier, and we were still waiting to know the results. Dr. M. D. said that he would look into it. He started to check me with his stethoscope and I could tell from his face that he was deeply concerned. He said my pulse rate was extremely high, and I must not get up for any reason. As he left the room, he said he would be back as soon as the diagnosis was completed. That was Wednesday, October 18, 2006.

I was taken downstairs to various labs for several tests, including a CT scan. My wife accompanied me everywhere. I asked her to go home and rest for awhile, but she refused. She said that she would not be able to rest at home leaving me in this situation, since she would be worried about the outcome.

It was a busy day as I was undergoing various types of tests. There were also other doctors who were coming in and asking me various questions. The day passed with tests and anxieties. I still did not know what was wrong with me.

My daughter came to visit me in the evening. When the visiting hours were over, I insisted that my wife go home and rest for awhile. Otherwise, both of us would be in the hospital. It was hard enough just to have one person being sick. If both of us became sick, the situation would be totally out of control. She went home reluctantly and said that she would be back in the morning.

After my wife and daughter went home, I noticed that my roommate was still there. I mentioned to him that I thought he would be going home that day. He said that he would be released the next day. We chatted for awhile, and I dozed off at some point.

Whether I dozed off due to exhaustion or medication, I do not know. I kept waking up as the technicians came to draw blood, check on vitals or check my blood sugar level, since I am diabetic. They did not care whether I was asleep or awake. They had to attend to their duties.

However, these interruptions kept me from sleeping. Once the sleep was interrupted, it was difficult to sleep again. Even when I managed to sleep again, there was the next interruption - breathing therapy. I had to do the therapy three or four times a day until the medication depleted each time. It usually took about 15 minutes to deplete the medication. Then there were the breathing exercises - I had to do it four or five times per day. I am not complaining as I know all these treatments are absolutely necessary and, without these treatments, a patient in my condition cannot get better.

The night passed on. Now, it was Thursday, October 19, 2006. My wife could not sleep well at home because of the anxieties. She came to see me early morning. My daughter dropped her to the hospital on her way to work that morning. The situation did not change. We still did not know what was happening to me. Routine tests and diagnosis continued.

I cannot remember what time it was when Dr. M. D. came to see me. He said that he had some good news and some bad news. The good news is that they know what is happening, but the bad news is they cannot do anything to rectify it. I asked him to elaborate the good news. He said that I had a severe gall bladder attack. During the attack, several gall stones ruptured, and it appeared that they ruptured with a tremendous force. A few stones penetrated the nearby organ, pancreas, and went from one end to the other. The pancreas was punctured, and that was making the heart work overtime, resulting in an extremely high pulse rate condition.

He said, "The situation is very serious." He also added, "In medical terms, it is called pancreatic, but, in your case, you have the pancreas that is severely wounded and damaged. A situation that is not normal."

I asked Dr. M. D., if anything can be done to rectify the problem, and he said to me, "That is the bad news. We can remove the gall bladder surgically, but we cannot proceed until your pulse rate normalizes.

The doctor continued, "Your pulse rate will not be normalized until the pancreas is healed."

The doctor paused for a moment and continued, "This is the dilemma. There is absolutely nothing we can do about the damaged pancreas. As of now, there are no medications or surgical procedures available to repair the ruptured pancreas."

He continued, "Medical science can only do the pancreas transplant, but in your case that is also not feasible. First, we must find a donor organ, and then have the proper surgical condition."

I asked Dr. M. D., "What do you mean by proper surgical condition?"

The doctor said, "With the current heart rate condition that you have, we cannot even do a gall bladder removal operation. Gall bladder operation is considered to be a relatively simple operation. If we cannot do a simple gall bladder operation, how can we do a major pancreas transplant operation? It is very risky, and we will not do it."

Dr. M. D. stayed in the room a few more minutes and said he was sorry that medically nothing can be done to ease the situation. He said, "The only thing you can do is pray and hope for the condition to improve so that we can at least remove the gall bladder and possibly some stones."

He checked my vitals and left the room with instructions to the appropriate personnel for a 24-hour, around-the-clock intensive care services.

After Dr. M. D. left, both my wife and I were saddened to know the diagnosis. Both of us had been eagerly waiting to hear some positive news. Now, we knew what was wrong with me, but there were no solutions, no remedies.

How would the wounded pancreas get healed? I must be having internal bleeding due to the puncture of the pancreas by the penetrating gall stones. There were no medications to make me better, and the doctors could not do any surgical procedures.

How would I get better? Worries and concerns surrounded me. My roommate wished me well and left the hospital, since he was released. I kept thinking, "When would I be released? When would I be able to go home? Perhaps, that day would never come."

My wife kept cheering me up, giving me hope and saying, "Don't worry, everything will be ok." But deep inside, both she and I knew it would be a long time before everything would be ok, perhaps never.

I remember a number of doctors who started visiting me and checking my conditions with genuine concern. I also remember some of their names, Dr. P. V., Dr. U. K., Dr. V. N. and a few more. They basically said the same thing as Dr. M. D. had said to me earlier: they could not do anything until my pulse rate came down; the situation was pretty serious and they asked me to hang in.


Excerpted from CODE BLUE 99! - A Miraculous True Story! by Sandy Acharjee Copyright © 2011 by Sandy Acharjee. Excerpted by permission of AuthorHouse. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.

Table of Contents


Sudden Crisis In Life....................1
Further Complications At ICU....................7
Death Or Near Death Experiences....................15
Journey To An Unknown Destination....................21
Magnificent Beauty Of Heaven....................23
Face To Face With God In Heaven....................25
Loving God & The Narrow Door....................29
Return To Earth At Critical Care Unit....................33
Readjustment After Return....................35
Beginning Of A Miraculous Recovery....................39
Recollection Of Events....................47
Gangrenous Gall Bladder....................51
Mini Surgery & Oxygen Therapy....................55
Major Lung Surgery....................59
Amazing Bounce Back To Life....................67
Unexpected Apology From Dr. X....................71
Conversation With God....................75
Release From The Hospital....................87
Return To Regular Activities....................91

Customer Reviews