Unlock the Artist Within
Collage is the perfect medium to help you unleash your creative potential. You can gather materials from just about anywhere, glue them down on a surface and magically create a work of art. There are no mistakes, only discoveries. What could be more exciting?
In Collage Discovery Workshop, acclaimed collage artist Claudine Hellmuth shares 15 of her favorite collage techniques and invites you to play with basic collage materials in new and imaginative ways. Along the way, Claudine guides you with friendly advice on how to develop your artistic voice and turn an ordinary collage into something special.
Learn how to:
- Overcome "blank canvas" syndrome with recipes for four luscious backgrounds
- Combine words and images to capture a mood or tell a story in your collage
- Incorporate buttons, old photos, game pieces and other found objects in your art
- Explore the magical appeal of collaging with beeswax
- Layer patterns and images in your collages with amazing transfer techniques
- Honor a special friend with a personal keepsake collage
- Use a written journal to grow as an artist
Don't wait another day to express yourself with collage. You never know what surprising discoveries await!
|Product dimensions:||8.46(w) x 10.82(h) x 0.47(d)|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I have attended a class by Claudine Hellmuth about two years ago and this book is written in the same style as her workshops. She is clear, honest and practical as an artist and teacher. The rustic, natural, true style is evident throughout this book.
I have been doing collage for more than 20 years and have at least a dozen books on the subject, yet I still learned several new and exciting techniques from this superbly written how-to book.