How to take college courses—even earn a degree—through your home computer
Study accounting in California, child development in Massachusetts, and political science in Washington, D.C.—all while sitting at home in front of your PC! College Online takes you through the ins and outs of electronic learning, giving you all the information you need to be a successful online student. In this comprehensive resource, you'll find:
- A detailed directory of more than 400 undergraduate and graduate courses available online from fully accredited institutions
- A course description, enrollment prerequisites, credit potential, approximate tuition, and contact information for each entry
- In-depth information on undergraduate and graduate degrees that you can earn in whole or in part via computer
- Complete listings of Web site addresses of colleges and universities across the nation, along with hardware and software requirements
- Valuable tips on everything from scheduling study time and preparing for exams to selecting courses and saving credits
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 9.17(h) x 0.54(d)|
About the Author
JAMES P. DUFFY writes and lectures on adult education and is a member of the American Association for Collegiate Independent Study. He is the author of ten books, including How to Earn a College Degree Without Going to College and How to Earn an Advanced Degree Without Going to Graduate School, both published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
LINKING YOUR COMPUTER TO YOUR FUTURE.
How Distance Learning Works.
How to Succeed at Independent Study.
Selecting the Right Courses and Degree Program.
THE ELECTRONIC COLLEGE DIRECTORIES.
Directory of the Web Site Home Pages of North American Colleges and Universities.
Directory of Undergraduate and Graduate College Courses Available Online.
Directory of Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs Available Online.