College Physics: A Strategic Approach / Edition 3by Randall D. Knight (Professor Emeritus), Brian Jones, Stuart Field
Pub. Date: 01/22/2014
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringPhysics does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase all the package items (physical text and MasteringPhysics with the Student Workbook) search for ISBN-10: 0321902556 /ISBN-13: 9780321902559. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321879724 /ISBN-13: 9780321879721, ISBN-10: 0321905202 /ISBN-13: 9780321905208 and ISBN-10: 0321907248 / ISBN-13: 9780321907240.
MasteringPhysics is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Building on the research-proven instructional techniques introduced in Knight’s P hysics for Scientists and Engineers, College Physics: A Strategic Approach sets a new standard for algebra-based introductory physics—gaining widespread critical acclaim from professors and students alike. The text, supplements, and MasteringPhysics® work together to help students see and understand the big picture, gain crucial problem-solving skills and confidence, and better prepare for lecture and their future.
For the Third Edition, Randy Knight, Brian Jones, and Stuart Field have incorporated student feedback and research to strengthen their focus on student learning, and to apply the best results from educational research and extensive user feedback and metadata.
This program presents an unparalleled teaching and learning experience, uniquely effective and integrated.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics: MasteringPhysics provides students with engaging experiences that coach them through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Prepare for lecture: Prepare students for lecture with innovative and engaging media tools, tailored carefully to reinforce the textbook.
- Understand the big picture: Enable students to understand the connections between topics, the real-world context, and the overarching themes, skills, and principles of physics using refined and expanded learning tools.
- Develop problem-solving skills: Equip students with problem-solving tactics and strategies through expanded guidance and practice in the text and online in MasteringPhysics.
- Foster skills for the MCAT: Gear students up for the new MCAT with enhanced life-science and biomedical applications in the text and problems, and increased emphasis on reasoning with real-world situations and data.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. Representing Motion
2. Motion in One Dimension
3. Vectors and Motion in Two Dimensions
4. Forces and Newton’s Laws of Motion
5. Applying Newton’s Laws
6. Circular Motion, Orbits, and Gravity
7. Rotational Motion
8. Equilibrium and Elasticity
II. CONSERVATION LAWS
10. Energy and Work
11. Using Energy
III. PROPERTIES OF MATTER
12. Thermal Properties of Matter
IV. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
15. Traveling Waves and Sound
16. Superposition and Standing Waves
17. Wave Optics
18. Ray Optics
19. Optical Instruments
VI. ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM
20. Electric Fields and Forces
21. Electrical Potential
22. Current and Resistance
24. Magnetic Fields and Forces
25. Electromagnetic Induction and Electromagnetic Waves
26. AC Electricity
VII. MODERN PHYSICS
28. Quantum Physics
29. Atoms and Molecules
30. Nuclear Physics
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews