Written by outstanding experts in the colloids field, this book deals with the recent developments in the synthesis, modification, utilization and application of colloids. The types covered range from metal nanoparticles through to inorganic particles and polymer latexes. Strategies for their modification to impart new properties will be outlined and ordered assemblies derived from colloid particles and some applications for colloids are shown.
A multidisciplinary audience spread throughout academia and industry alike will certainly appreciate this first concise collection of knowledge in book form for this topic.
|Product dimensions:||7.01(w) x 9.69(h) x 1.39(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Latex Particles (Klaus Tauer).
2. Semiconductor Nanoparticles (Andrey L. Rogach, Dmitri V. Talapin and Horst Weller).
3. Monolayer Protected Clusters of Gold and Silver (Mathias Brust and Christopher J. Kiely).
4. Sonochemical Synthesis of Inorganic and Organic Colloids (Franz Grieser and Muthupandian Ashokkumar).
5. Colloidal Nanaoreactors and Nanocontainers (Marc Sauer and Wolfgang Meier).
6. Miniemulsions for the Convenient Synthesis of Organic and Inorganic Nanoparticles and “Single Molecule” Applications in Materials Chemistry (Katharina Landfester and Markus Antonietti).
7. Metal and Semiconductor Nanoparticle Modification via Chemical Reactions (Luis M. Liz Marzán).
8. Nanoscale Particle Modification via Sequential Electrostatic Assembly (Frank Caruso).
9. Colloidal Crystals: Recent Developments and Niche Applications (Younan Xia, Hiroshi Fudouzi, Yu Lu, and Yadong Yin).
10. Surface-directed Colloids Patterning: Selective Deposition via Electrostatic and Secondary Interactions (Paula T. Hammond).
11. Evolving Strategies of Nanomaterials Design (Sean Davis).
12. Nanoparticle Organization at the Air-water Interface and in Langmuir-Blodgett Films (Murali Sastry).
13. Layer-by-layer Self-assembly of Metal Nanaparticles on Planar Substrates: Fabrication and Properties (Thierry P. Cassagneau).
14. Assembly of Electrically Functional Microstructures from Colloidal Particles (Orlin D. Velev).
15. 3D Ordered Macroporous Materials (Rick C. Schroden and Andreas Stein).
16. Semiconductor Quantum Dots as Multicolor and Ultrasensitive Biological Labels (Warren C.W. Chan, Xiaohu Gao and Shuming Nie).
17. Colloids for Encoding Chemical Libraries: Applications in Biological Screening (Bronwyn J. Battersby, Lisbeth Grøndahl, Gwendolyn A. Lawrie, and Matt Trau).
18. Polyelectrolyte Microcapsules as Biomimetic Models (Gleb B. Sukhorukov and Helmuth Möhwald).