Color Management and Print Prep
in Photoshop CS6 for Windows
– Setting up devices and files for color matching
Color management can be an intimidating subject for anyone who’s new to working with graphics and professional printing. Achieving the perfect match between onscreen and printed colors every time mixes a good deal of art with science.
Photoshop includes tools to improve color matching, and Color Management and Print Prep in Photoshop CS6 for Windows gives you a solid introduction to the color management fundamentals to use those tools effectively.
In this book, you’ll learn the technical basics for better color output and how to set up Photoshop CS6 for Windows with appropriate settings for working in color.
Tasks You’ll Learn
• Understand color management and workflow
• Understand working spaces and profiles
• Change the working space
• Proof colors onscreen
• Find out of gamut colors
• Understand file formats and output to PDF
• Set color management policies
• Assign a color profile to a file
• Convert a file to another mode and profile
• Use the Photoshop Print Settings dialog box
• Print a single copy
• Learn about printer’s marks
• Create a proof
• Learn about PMS colors
• Create duotones and spot colors
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Lisa learned personal computers in the trenches at an up-and-coming Indianapolis PR firm in the late 1980s. During those years she specialized in helping colleagues understand how to find their files in the brutal jungles of DOS, as well as showing clients how to create their own publications in PageMaker, one of the first desktop publishing programs. After moving into the computer book and technical writing field, she edited or managed hundreds of titles on technology topics as diverse as PC basics, operating systems and utilities, memory management, desktop software, desktop publishing, and even random dot stereograms.