Comic Visions, Second Edition is an update of the most influential critical history of American television comedy.
- Most comprehensive social and critical history of American television comedy
- Very engaging, lucid and entertaining writing style
- Approaches social criticism without being too scholarly and pedantic
|Product dimensions:||5.95(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.67(d)|
Table of Contents
Foreword by Ken Tucker.
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. What's So Funny About America?.
2. Waking Up to Television.
3. The Making of a Sitcom, 1961.
4. Planet Earth to Sitcom, Planet Earth to Sitcom.
5. The Sitcom at Literate Peak.
6. Demographic Fantasies of the Reagan Era.
7. Friends of the Family.
Index to Television Comedy Series.