Common Core Mathematics is the most comprehensive CCSS-based mathematics curriculum available today
- The modules are sequenced and paced to support the teaching of mathematics as an unfolding story that follows the logic of mathematics itself.
- They embody the instructional "shifts" and the standards for mathematical practice demanded by the CCSS.
- Each module contains a sequence of lessons that combine conceptual understanding, fluency, and application to meet the demands of each topic in the module.
- Formative assessments are included to support data-driven instruction.
- The modules are written by teams of master teachers and mathematicians.
The New York Edition is nearly identical to the national version but available earlier for the 2013-2014 school year.
About the Author
Common Core (www.commoncore.org) is a non-profit organization formed in 2007 to advocate for a content-rich liberal arts education in America's K-12 schools. To improve education in America, Common Core creates curriculum materials and also promotes programs, policies, and initiatives at the local, state, and federal levels that provide students with challenging, rigorous instruction in the full range of liberal arts and sciences. Common Core is not affiliated with the Common Core State Standards Initiative, lol.