A powerful Windows simulator for hands-on CompTIA A+ Exam skills enhancement
- Experience more than 200 Control Panel scenarios and exercises for both Windows 2000 and XP
- Learn in a guided Student Mode or in a free-form Technician Mode
- Practice with a fun Guessing Game that asks questions about Control Panel commands to enhance learning
CompTIA A+ Windows Simulator helps you develop and practice hands-on skills without the investment in expensive lab hardware or changing the settings on your computer. This state-of-the-art simulator software was built by experienced teachers for their students and reviewed by A+ and computer repair experts. The product allows you to
Experience more than 200 Control Panel scenarios and exercises for both Windows 2000 and XP
Work in both an assisted Student Mode where all key strokes are guided and in a Technician Mode where you are free to try out anything
Keep track of all key strokes so you can measure your effectiveness and efficiency with all commands
Play with a fun Guessing Game that asks dozens of questions about Control Panel commands to enhance learning
CompTIA A+ Windows Simulator uses scenario-based labs to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills. The labs provide you with hands-on experience for troubleshooting common operating system problems in a safe practice environment.
This product gives you immediate feedback as you explore the operating system and guides you to solutions for each scenario. It also encourages you to experiment with multiple pathways to accomplish each task.
The CompTIA A+ Windows Simulator is part of a recommended study program for successfully sitting for the A+ Essentials Exam that includes Exam Cram and Exam Prep products from
Student Mode Click any icon or menu item on the screen, but only the icons or menu items that lead to the correct solution will respond.
Technician Mode All icons and menu items are active, just as they are in a real-life situation. Explore any pathway in an effort to solve the scenario, not just down the prescribed pathway.
Scenario Express CD includes more than 200 Windows 2000 and XP Professional simulations
- Simulations represent real-world problems encountered by system administrators
- Varying simulation challenge levels are rated as Easy, Moderate, or Difficult
- Performance statistics show your skill proficiency after completing simulations
- Timer controls complete with pause functionality allow you to measure your speed of scenario completion
- Mouse-click counter tracks your solution efficiency in the simulations
- Scenarios can be run in Student Mode or Technician Mode
- Hint/Solution Button helps you find the solution to the problem
- Windows XP is not required in order to run the simulations
- Simulations can be run in two modes:Student Mode (basic teaching mode) and Select a Lab
Minimum Software Requirements:
- IBM-PC 100% Compatible at 500 MHz or faster
- Windows® 98 or Me with 64 MB RAM
- Windows 2000® or XP with 128 MB RAM
- NOT supported: Windows 95, NT, or Server
- CD-ROM disk drive 4x or faster
- 100 MB of free disk space
- TCP/IP installed
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader version 5.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
- Internet access for immediate registration
- Video card capable of 800x600 resolution with 8-bit (256) colors
This product is designed to run on Microsoft’s .NET 1.1 framwork, not Net 2.0. .NET 1.1 can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft website.
Table of Contents