|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
Table of Contents
I. POWER AND POLITY IN WESTERN EUROPEAN DEMOCRACIES.
1. Historical Background.
2. Postindustrialization Economy and Society.
3. Political Culture.
4. Political Parties.
5. The Distribution of Government Power.
6. Economic Policymaking: Cases in Industrial Relations.
7. The Performance of Political Systems.
II. REFORM AND REVOLUTION IN COMMUNIST SYSTEMS.
8. Historical Setting.
9. The Social and Economic Settings.
10. Political Culture and Political Socialization.
11. Communist Parties and Their Power: Past and Present.
12. Government in the Second World: Past and Present.
13. The Policy Process and Economic Reform in Second World States.
14. Political Performance in Second World Systems.
III. POWER AND POLICY IN THE THIRD WORLD.
15. The Impact of Colonialism on Third World Politics.
16. Social and Economic Problems in the Third World.
17. Culture and Change in the Third World.
18. Political Participation in the Third World.
19. Government Institutions in the Third World.
20. Policymaking in the Third World.
21. Political Performance in the Third World.