The Complete Book of Home Herbal Remedies is a comprehensive holistic guide to understanding and treating common ailments with herbs. From gathering and buying herbs to preparing and applying them, the book will show you the various methods of administering herbal remedies and their benefits. A section on the different systems of the body describes the basic anatomy, location, and function of each area as well as the ailments that may affect it. Specific herbal remedies and methods of application are suggested so that you can safely treat a whole range of problems.
The Herbal Directory provides detailed information on 50 herbs used in the treatment of common ailments, including a brief description of the herb, its use, how to apply it, any contraindications, and appropriate dosages. This section also includes information on treating a variety of ailments using common ingredients found in most kitchens, as well as suggestions for herbal first aid treatments. Finally, technical herbal terms used in the book are defined in the Glossary for a fuller understanding.
- How to use herbs to treat a wide range of common ailments in a gentle but effective way
- Read about herbal traditions, from the Sumerians and the ancient Egyptians to Chinese and Western herbalism today
- An informative directory describes the history, constituents, actions, and applications of 50 herbs
- From herbs that relieve throat and ear infections to calming herbal drinks and inhalations, find out how herbs can fight illness and enhance your general well-being
- Simple safe herbal remedies which can be prepared in a variety of ways, including tinctures, decoctions, infused oils, ointments and creams, syrups, and vinegars
- Packed with interesting information about the workings of the body and how herbs can help cure naturally and in a holistic context
- Includes advice on how to put together a herbal remedy chest to care for all the family.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 10.50(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Jade Britton is a practicing medical herbalist based in London and a Member of the National Institute of Herbal Medicine (M.N.I.M.H.).
Tamara Kircher trained at the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and now practises acupunture and Chinese herbal medicine in England.
Edward J. Linkner, M.D. practices Family, Internal, and Holistic Medicine and also teaches at the University of Michigan Medical School.