Take Control of Your Destiny!
Bottom line: You want to get published. You want to control the future of your manuscript and your writing career.
Best-selling author Marilyn Ross and publishing expert Sue Collier show you how to make your own success - whether you're a published author, entrepreneur, corporation, professional, or absolute newcomer to writing. In this expanded and completely revised 5th edition of the "bible" of self-publishing (over 100,000 copies sold), they empower you to publish your own work with minimal risk and maximum profits.
- Complete step-by-step guidance on publishing and marketing a book
- Ways to leverage social media marketing to build your platform and make yourself stand out from the crowd
- A thorough explanation of the difference between POD self-publishing, subsidy publishing, and true self-publishing - and how to decide which is the best option for you
- Practical advice on making the decision between offset printing and print-on-demand
- How to leverage the Internet to create "buzz" and promote your book with killer PR
- The latest information on e-publishing
- A detailed marketing plan and timetable to keep you on track
- Proven marketing strategies to get free publicity, reach nontraditional buyers, and sell books
- Information-packed appendices with marketing contacts, organizations, and vendors, complete with names, addresses, and websites
- Valuable case studies and examples of how other publishers excel
- An in-depth discussion of exclusive distributors, plus coverage of the most recent changes in bookstores and the book-selling industry
- Thirty-one creative ideas for generating capital to launch your publishing company
The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing is the one book you need to take control of your writing career.
Read it. Believe it. Do it.
Your future depends on it.
|Edition description:||Fifth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 1.60(d)|
About the Author
Marilyn Ross is an internationally acclaimed self-publishing authority who has helped thousands of authors sell millions of books. She has been quoted in a multitude of magazines including Publishers Weekly and Newsweek, and has appeared on scores of radio and TV shows, including NPR's All Things Considered.
Sue Collier has an extensive background in writing and editing having ghost-written a half-dozen books and edited hundreds more. The two have been collaborating for the past 15 years on a myriad of projects, but most recently focused their efforts on Self-Publishing Resources, a writing, marketing, and publishing consulting firm that assists authors in surpassing their personal and professional publishing goals.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Detailed, insightful, explanatory, well written, but a little dated in some areas of content. But that should not deter anyone from gleaning from its knowledge. Strongly recommended read!
This book is and continues to be an excellent resource and I highly recommend it to anyone starting out, or in the process of writing or producing a book of any kind. Patrick Collins / author / publisher " the G rated joke book "
The only possible thing missing from this guide is maybe the check from first book sales. The Rosses cover everything! The appendices alone would make this book a worthwhile investment, but all the helpful information is invaluable. And they even add a step-by-step schedule to guide publishers and writers through the process at the end. If you ever plan to publish anything anytime anywhere, it would be to your advantage to familiarize yourself with this book.