- Get it by Friday, February 23 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Now newbie songwriters can learn the craft-and sing their own praises online.
Beginning songwriters can hit the right note by starting out with the basics in this guide, including:
• How to create melodies.
• How to create many different harmonies.
• Techniques using deliberate rhythm and stylistic changes.
• How to enable one's songwriting to grow and evolve.
• How to deal with songwriter's block.
• The best places to upload one's work for maximum exposure and opportunities.
About the Author
Casey Kelly is an in-demand musician and songwriter based in Nashville, Tennessee. His hits include Kenny Rogers's and Dottie West’s “Anyone Who Isn’t Me Tonight,” George Strait’s “The Cowboy Rides Away,” and “Resign Yourself" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. A member of ASCAP, NSAI, and the Songwriters Guild of America, Kelly also regularly gives workshops in songwriting. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Art of Songwriting is his first book.
David Hodge is on the faculty of the Berkshire Music School and is the author of The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Playing Bass Guitar, The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Playing Rock Guitar, and The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Playing the Ukulele. He is the managing editor and senior columnist at GuitarNoise.com, one of the most popular and highly regarded guitar-instruction websites.